April 13, 2010

2 part Homecoming 16 teaser

This first teaser is from the second half of the chapter, that has some Bella and Edward alone time. It's just a visual one though.



The second part of the teaser is from the first half of the chapter, aka the trial.

After my testimony Frank Peters took the stand to tell his firsthand account. Then they played Edward’s cell phone video. It was hard to view, but not nearly as hard as it was to live. I was shocked at the amount of sound on the tape. Edward had picked up several things I would never have thought anyone other than I heard. Clear as day you could hear Renee tell me "When I get you home, I'm going to punish you for being such a slut. I'll burn the hussy right out of you.". After that Alistair and the prosecution rested.

“Mr. Jerome?” The judge motioned for Renee’s lawyer.

“I call Renee Dwyer to the stand.”

Renee walks up to the stand and did the swearing in process that I had gone through. She was dressed conservatively for her, a sage green sweeter set and a pair of black dress pants. She actually looks like a normal person for once. That was until she looked up and glared at me. Dead in the eyes, ice chips meeting my own gaze. I knew that look all too well. If she can get near me, I’m dead.

“Mrs. Dwyer, first off I want to give you my condolences on the murder of your husband by Charlie Swan.” Esme gasps and I look at the lawyer, Mr. Jerome in shock. “This must be such a hard time for you.”

“Thank you, it is.” She dabs at her eyes with a Kleenex.

“First Mrs. Dwyer, have you ever abused your daughter?” He asks. Renee gives a look of horror and shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment