April 21, 2010

Sneak peek at next story

Ok since Homecoming is outlined for 31 to 32 chapters and it's over halfway done I started planning my next story, next thing I know I have a whole chapter. While this won't be posting for awhile, I did want to share a sneak peek of it. Note though it has yet to be beta'd ;0)


For as long as I can remember it, it was always Jasper and I against the world. At least till the day he met Alice Cullen. Then everything changed. And while I am happy my older brother has met his soul mate and finally found love, I can’t help the feeling of abandonment that overcomes me every time I think of their upcoming nuptials. I feel left behind, and no longer needed by the most important person in my world. Though some might balk at me calling my brother that they don’t know the whole story.

When Jasper was twenty years old he was burdened with a depressed eight year old little girl. Me. Our parents had been killed in a home invasion gone really bad. The only reason I was still alive was due to the fact I had been spending the night over at my friend Angela’s house. Jasper had been away at college at the time. He came home and quickly took responsibility of me.

Twelve years my senior I had always idolized my older brother, he had been my protector. The guy who brought home presents and sent me letters when he moved away to school. At eight I didn’t realize how much he was going to have to sacrifice to raise me. Though we were lucky he didn’t have to give up school, thanks to a full ride scholarship, he did have to give up his college guy lifestyle. Though Jasper being Jasper, he did so without complaint.

3 comments:

  1. This story sounds good. I'll be sad to see Homecoming end but happy to know there is something new to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this one. Looks like it will be a good story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks good! I think I'm going to start calling you PowerMama. There's no way I could've done all these things with a newborn! If you need a pre-reader or anything, you know where to find me!

    Oh and give Baby Alex a kiss for me!

    :)

    ReplyDelete