June 9, 2011

Fandom for Sexual Assault Awareness info....


I have been working on a short/small novella for the Fandom for Sexual Assault Awareness compilation. The novella is called Reunion and deals with former high school sweethearts Bella and Edward. The pair have a bad break up before going off to college and parting ways. We meet up with Bella again 11 years later and see what happens when she is unexpectedly reunited with the man who she has never really gotten over. Like I said the novella is short so it is done at a fast paced and I think pretty good. I hope people will like it :0) Fandom for Sexual Assault Awareness is very personal to me, and why I'm putting so much work into this, I am a survivor of sexual assault. Please take time to check out their website, and see the great organizations that they are helping to support with this drive. They are still taking donations, and if you see the writers listed that have signed up I hope you'll be motivated to donate that $5 that will help another person heal.

Here is a small teaser of Reunion:

Bella's POV


I never felt as loved as I did when I was held in his arms. My darling bronze haired man-child, when held me in his strong arms and whispered words of love and forever in my ears I couldn’t help but melt. I can’t remember a moment of my life without him. We had always promised each other, from the cradle to the grave never to part. And from our first steps to our first time it was always the story of us. The jade depths of his eyes told the story of his love and passion for me, and my brown eyes followed him in utter and complete devotion.

Then life got in the way.

He got into a prestigious university on the east coast; I could only afford the state college nearby home in Washington State. He begged and pleaded with me to go with him that he would pay for me to go closer to him. I held firm, a belief that our love could conquer time and distance. We fought; we had never fought before that day. We had, had little tiffs before then, especially when he would spend too much on me or when I refused to believe him when he told me I was, to him, the most magnificent creature on the earth. Never had we fought like this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment